I feel like there have been a few not-so-positive posts lately. I wouldn’t say that’s a sign of my mental state but more how my posts have naturally evolved from one another. This ride is a massive rollercoaster hour by hour, day by day so while I may seem overly down in recent times I can assure you there have been some ups in there also. So. Time for a more positive post, a shout-out to the many wonderful people in my life who are helping us survive this journey. Over the last 21 months I have slowly accumulated a rather large and rather fantastic support network and it never ceases to amaze me how truly caring these people are.
First up my ‘old girls’…CB, CI, and PD. There from the beginning, these girls have held my hand, put up with my whinging, my tears, and my fears. They’ve talked me through procedures, given me advice, and given me hope.
- CB: your caring nature never ceases to amaze me. Even when going through so much yourself you never hesitate to pick up the phone and call or text to make sure I’m ok. I can’t even begin to describe how much your support through everything means to me, you’re amazing.
- CI: your knowledge and experience has been invaluable. You give me constant reassurance that everything will work out ok. I’m so happy you’re not walking this path again.
- PD: It’s been so nice to know that you’re there, and you care. Your positive attitude sends sparkles through the dullest of days.
We’ve been through so much together over the last 20 years and I feel so blessed that I still have you in my life after all this time. You girls are gold.
From my old friends to my ‘new’, or ‘not so new’ as the case may be with many of you. Whether there from the beginning or a recent addition to ‘the fold’ these lovely ladies have kept me going and really helped me to focus on the positive, as rare as those positives might seem at times.
- CH: Oh god, I can’t even put into words how much you mean to me. You truly are a godsend. To think of all the shit you’ve had to deal with even in the relatively short time I’ve known you and yet you rarely stop smiling, laughing and helping others. Thank you so much for all your advice, for your positive energy, for all the hot chocolates, the hugs, and the drying of tears. I could probably write a whole blog post just on you, you have been that amazing. I love you to pieces.
- NC and JB: While we may not get to catch up as often as we used to, when I do get to see you you are both like a breath of fresh air into this Groundhog Day of a journey. Thanks for riding this rollercoaster with me.
- LR: What kind of a boss gives up precious time in her day to come along with you to your fertility appointment?!? The kind that I have, one who’s not only your boss, colleague, and mentor, but also your friend. I’m so lucky to have such an amazing woman in my life. Thank you so much.
- My new online buddies. It’s so nice to know there are people out there walking this same path, who offer up endless support to near-strangers, and inspire me on a daily basis to keep going.
- And to the many many more of you, not mentioned by ‘name’. You know who you are and each of you have helped me in your own individual way. Just knowing that you know, and that you’re there if I need you means a lot. The advice, tips, laughs, and distractions are priceless.
Lastly my family. Some of you have known a while and some of you have recently found out about our troubles but every one of you has helped us along the road, perhaps without even knowing it. You’ve kept me sane (mostly), been there when I’ve needed you, and given me hope that things will work out in the end.
- Mum, you’ve always been there for me and this is no different. Knowing you’re by my side and that you care is a massive help. I love you to bits and one day I will give you the grandbumble you’re hoping for.
- Dad & P, D & C: I was a bit afraid to tell you for so long but I’m so glad that you now know. Your reactions have been so positive and I don’t know why I was so scared of telling you. I am so lucky to have you guys as family.
- My Aunty and Uncle. I know you’ve walked this path yourselves and it’s so lovely to have your support. V, your first text bought tears to my eyes and meant so so much. Your experience with J has given me so much hope (although I hope it doesn’t take us that long!)
- And lastly my darling husband. Obviously I couldn’t do this without you (haha), but seriously without you I would be a mental wreck. Your love through my meltdowns, stressing, and all the rest has been invaluable. I love the way you’re always so positive and how you somehow just know that one day we’ll have a Bumble. I love you so so much.
Thanks so much to everyone, you’ve all been amazing. Hopefully one day you’ll be able to meet Bumble and everything will have been worth it. Just need to remember that “everything will be ok in the end, if it’s not ok, it’s not the end”